- By Cincinnati Window Design
- In Replacement Windows
- Tags Cincinnati Window Replacement, Dayton Window Replacement, Replacement Windows Cincinnati, Replacement Windows Dayton
If you are planning to purchase replacement windows in the near future, you’re making a good investment in your home’s future. There are a number of benefits that come with replacing older windows, including increased energy efficiency, less maintenance, and a boost in property value. A federal tax credit for windows which increases energy efficiency has enticed homeowners to purchase new windows. There are, however, a variety of issues you need to take into consideration before you actually purchase your new residential windows.
Do Not Purchase Replacement Windows Based on Cost Alone
Replacing windows is a purchase you will only have to make a few times in your lifetime. Just as you invest in durable doors and locks to ensure safety and security for you and your family, the same mindset should be used when you buy replacement windows. Staying within your budget is important, but keep in mind – you get what you pay for. Do your research to find out why some features and glass options cost more than others. An example would be a coating added to your glass pack. A coating it is not something you will see but you will feel the difference once it is installed in your home, especially if that particular window gets a lot of afternoon sun. Take your time to weigh the long-term benefits against the short-term investment. When in doubt, focus on the long-term value over the price tag.
Consider New Types of Windows
Many homeowners opt to replace old windows with new models of the same types they currently have. While this is the right call in certain situations, it can also be a big mistake. There are dozens of different kinds of windows available today, so it’s important to make sure you pick the best ones for your lifestyle and window openings. If, for instance, it has been decades since you last purchased replacement windows, there might be modern styles you’ve never even heard of before. There are many more choices for windows now than in the past. You will you have far more choices than just wood vs. vinyl.
Why You Need To Hire a Professional Window Installer
Replacing your windows seems like a simple enough job. After all, the window comes completely intact from the manufacturer. All that is needed is installing it in the wall. However, this is no DIY job for novices. If you are considering tackling that window replacement project without previous experience, know the potential perils of a DIY installation before you get started! Super drafty window replacement, Unexpected Damage to Your Home, Potential Damage to the Window. All of these problems would be covered by a profession installer. Homeowners pay a lot of good money for quality replacement windows. You don’t want to end up dissatisfied with your new investment because your replacement windows were not installed correctly.
Questions for Your Window Installer
- Are you licensed, insured and certified? – For your protection hire a contractor who is licensed, insured and certified.
- Can you provide references? – It is worth it to pay a little more for a window installer with a prior track record in the business
- What is included in your total cost? – Will it include free estimates, How about the finish work, interior and exterior trim, Insulate perimeter and secure house wrap, all supplies including: fasteners, shims, flashing, drip cap, perimeter foam insulation and exterior caulking, costs to load and haul away old materials, installation waste and associated debris. You need to ask all these question so you can compare your estimate accurately and budget for the windows you need.
Cincinnati Window Design can help you with replacement windows. We offer superior products, competitive pricing, and friendly service that will help transform your home into one that is beautiful, energy efficient, and comfortable to live in. We offer free, no-obligation, in-home consultations to create an estimate that is uniquely customized to your specific needs and project.
Contact Us (513-674-0999) For A Free Estimate Today!
Cincinnati Window Design is your one stop for window, door, siding, roofing, gutter, and garage door design and installation! We pay attention to the details, provide great service, and offer fair pricing.
>> Learn More